Finding a will
Geoff
2024-04-06 09:26:40 UTC
Sorry but it's me again!

I have the following information from Norfolk Records Office. Can I
use this to look up the original will on Family Search? If so, how?

Reference code
ANF will register 1670-1671 fo. 453 no. 17
Title
Tanton, Margaret, of Stoke
Date(s)

1671 (Creation)

Level of description

Item
Name of creator
Archdeaconry of Norfolk; ?-
(?-)
Repository
Norfolk Record Office

(BTW Stoke is actually Stoke Holy Cross in Norfolk!)

Many thanks,
Geoff.
John
2024-04-06 11:34:20 UTC
On Sat, 6 Apr 2024 09:26:40 -0000 (UTC), "Geoff"
Post by Geoff
Sorry but it's me again!
I have the following information from Norfolk Records Office. Can I
use this to look up the original will on Family Search? If so, how?
Reference code
ANF will register 1670-1671 fo. 453 no. 17
Title
Tanton, Margaret, of Stoke
Date(s)
1671 (Creation)
Level of description
Item
Name of creator
Archdeaconry of Norfolk; ?-
(?-)
Repository
Norfolk Record Office
(BTW Stoke is actually Stoke Holy Cross in Norfolk!)
Many thanks,
Geoff.
Hi

From the home page, search the catalog by place and enter Norfolk.
Select England, Norfolk and Search.
This will give a list of record types,including probate records.
Selecting this will give 21 types of probate record issued by
different offices. Some of these are viewable online, some only at a
FHC. Registered will copies for 1871 are one of the FHC types.

I didn't check all the possibilities, but there are indexes, extracts
and inventories for various years
--
Regards

John
john
2024-04-06 12:54:12 UTC
Post by Geoff
Sorry but it's me again!
I have the following information from Norfolk Records Office. Can I
use this to look up the original will on Family Search? If so, how?
Reference code
ANF will register 1670-1671 fo. 453 no. 17
Title
Tanton, Margaret, of Stoke
Date(s)
1671 (Creation)
Level of description
Item
Name of creator
Archdeaconry of Norfolk; ?-
(?-)
Repository
Norfolk Record Office
(BTW Stoke is actually Stoke Holy Cross in Norfolk!)
Many thanks,
Geoff.
It isn't available online.

see
https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/475115?availability=Family%20History%20Library

You can view the will in the Norfolk Record Office in Norwich or buy a
printout (£20 minimum)

Otherwise I think you should be able to order a copy of the microfilm to
be sent to your local
Geoff
2024-04-06 16:40:34 UTC
Post by john
You can view the will in the Norfolk Record Office in Norwich or buy
a printout (£20 minimum)
Otherwise I think you should be able to order a copy of the microfilm
to be sent to your local FamilySearch Library so you can see it there?
Many thanks for the information.
Geoff.