Merchant Navy Records
DAVID HAWKES
2004-10-31 22:11:14 UTC
Can anybody please tell me where I can check Merchant Navy Records.I am
looking for the record of a Karl August Sonnenschein who I am told served in
the Merchant Navy during WW 2 and was purported to have been one of the
prisoners released from the Altmark by HMS Cossack.
Any help would be appreciated
David Hawkes
jkm
2004-11-02 19:24:50 UTC
Post by DAVID HAWKES
Can anybody please tell me where I can check Merchant Navy Records.I am
looking for the record of a Karl August Sonnenschein who I am told served in
the Merchant Navy during WW 2 and was purported to have been one of the
prisoners released from the Altmark by HMS Cossack.
Any help would be appreciated
Start with

http://www.catalogue.nationalarchives.gov.uk/researchguidesindex.asp

and scroll down to Merchant Seamen.