Ancestry
Jenny M Benson
2023-02-07 14:02:01 UTC
Post by Ian Goddard
The most effective way to complain to any big organisation these days >is
to call them out on (anti-)social media. Those of us who eschew such
things seem to be disenfranchised.
Twitter can be effective because it is public.
I have ver mixed feelings about soshul meeja. i fervently eschew it all
(apart from a few mailing lists and newsgroups, which don't count!) but
I then think I am like the people who refused to have one of those
new-fangled gadgets called a telephone. I remember my father ranting
about one of my school teachers not having a telephone - he considered
it quite disgraceful. There are, though, many instances - like this
Ancestry business - where I realise I am cutting off my nose to spite my
face.
--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK
Geoff
2023-02-11 15:15:19 UTC
Post by Jenny M Benson
Post by Ian Goddard
The most effective way to complain to any big organisation these
days >is to call them out on (anti-)social media. Those of us who
eschew such things seem to be disenfranchised.
Twitter can be effective because it is public.
I have ver mixed feelings about soshul meeja. i fervently eschew it
all (apart from a few mailing lists and newsgroups, which don't
count!) but I then think I am like the people who refused to have one
of those new-fangled gadgets called a telephone. I remember my
father ranting about one of my school teachers not having a telephone
- he considered it quite disgraceful. There are, though, many
instances - like this Ancestry business - where I realise I am
cutting off my nose to spite my face.
I spent ages yesterday trying to find an Ancestry forum for general
discussion on a particular function of Ancestry but the only groups I
could find were either Surname or Place groups. Nowhere could I find
a forum for "how to do this or that" I gave up and tried CHAT. On
the second attempt at this, I finally got an answer after repeating my
question 3 times to him. The question?........Just a simple "If I
change my user name, do I have to update my DNA link? I did finally
get the answer....NO!
MB
2023-02-11 22:30:37 UTC
Post by Geoff
I spent ages yesterday trying to find an Ancestry forum for general
discussion on a particular function of Ancestry but the only groups I
could find were either Surname or Place groups. Nowhere could I find
a forum for "how to do this or that" I gave up and tried CHAT. On
the second attempt at this, I finally got an answer after repeating my
question 3 times to him. The question?........Just a simple "If I
change my user name, do I have to update my DNA link? I did finally
get the answer....NO!
Ancestry.com

(See All)

"Ancestry.com" Categories
Category
Sub-Categories
Boards
NBC's Who do you think you are?
0
2
"Ancestry.com" Boards
Boards
Threads
Messages
Last Post
Ancestry Health
7
12
05 Apr 2021 4:26 PM
Ancestry Improvements
1427
10731
03 Feb 2023 11:25 PM
Ancestry Site Comments
8745
60053
11 Feb 2023 8:40 PM
Ancestry Site Search
107
398
03 Feb 2023 9:16 PM
AncestryPress
16
39
17 Aug 2013 11:53 PM
Copyright Infringement
8
71
21 Nov 2022 7:39 PM
Family & Local Histories Collection
48
160
16 Dec 2022 2:18 PM
Historical Newspapers
121
451
08 Jul 2022 5:29 AM
Infosec
3
4
02 Mar 2020 3:28 AM
Obituary Collection
115
309
25 Oct 2022 5:10 PM
OneWorld Tree
6
24
28 Feb 2017 10:11 PM
StoryScout
2
2
17 Sep 2022 1:49 PM
Success Stories (How I Found Family)
128
252
03 Apr 2021 12:17 PM
U.S. Immigration Collection
35
121
08 Jul 2022 5:32 AM
U.S. Records Collection
222
592
08 Jul 2022 2:11 PM
United Kingdom and Ireland
856
3587
24 Jul 2020 12:36 AM
United States Census
1010
3131
26 Jun 2022 12:02 AM
Using Ancestry
464
1802
03 Feb 2023 6:57 PM
Ancestry Member Trees
2772
14672
10 Feb 2023 5:32 PM
Ancestry Tree Source Tips
107
454
16 Oct 2022 12:15 AM
AncestryDNA
603
3823
07 Feb 2023 10:58 PM
AncestryDNA ThruLines
126
455
24 Jan 2023 1:55 AM
iOS Support
41
139
31 Jan 2023 2:03 PM
Geoff
2023-02-12 11:47:38 UTC
Post by MB
Post by Geoff
[...]
Thanks for that. I've now bookmarked it for the future!
BTW Apologies for my last posting, I seemed to have copied a message
somehow. Not sure what happened!!!